Shaping the Future World of Work
It is important for us to approach any new opportunity as a partnership to enable sustainable improvement and growth that will also ensure transfer of knowledge, skill and empowerment across all the generations.
Today it’s a challenge to manage the fast pace of the workplace. Digital transformation and the various generations create the rapid need for change. Companies and employees are struggling to keep up.
The reality we however need to face is that the rate of change is going to pick up. Even even more changes are on the horizon as we transition into the agile workplace of the future. Are you up for the challenge?
By 2018 there will be 5 Generations in the workplace. It is important that management teams identify the generational challenges that impact their businesses and sets them apart from their competitors. However the notion of competitive advantage is more fleeting than it used to be.
Successful companies of the future will be built on deep insight and knowledge into the needs of its customers and their employees. This will include an understanding that if you create value for your multi generational customers and employees, growth and profits will follow.
We are developing a future for the next generations , that we do not know, for technologies and tools that have not been developed yet. The best we can do is to make a concerted effort in anticipating the possible change and prepare for it.
5G Future Fit
The following big events are resulting in radical business transformations, whether planned or spontaneous, in order to survive or thrive:
- Digital transformation
- Multiple generations in workplace at same time, which results in changed behaviour and mindsets.
These changes have also given businesses many new opportunities.
- New products, services that will impact the business on various levels.
- Flexible operating models where people are measured and rewarded for their performance and results and not for the time spent in the office.
- Leaders and managers creating a work environment where people are given flexibility to produce results in the way that works best for them. People are not expected to operate in the proverbial box.
- Artificial Intelligence and Digital transformation provides opportunities for streamlining processes. This will result in the reduction of cost that will ultimately lead to products and services of higher quality.